OUTSIDE IN ASPEN
ASPEN CHAMBER RESORT ASSOCIATION ANNOUNCES “OUTSIDE IN ASPEN”
New Adventure Weekend in Partnership with Outside Magazine June 11 – 13
Two-night Lodging Packages Start at $99 per person, and Activity Package is $250
ASPEN, Colo. (DRAFT) – Aspen Chamber Resort Association announces the first annual Outside in Aspen, a participatory, adventure weekend in partnership with Outside Magazine, scheduled for June 10 – 13, 2010. Aspen’s stunning mountains, trails, rivers, rock faces and roads will serve as venues for guided adventure activities for athletes of all abilities as well as gear testing sponsored by Aspen outfitters and Outside Magazine partners. The weekend will also include a kick-off party in Aspen, opportunities to interact with professional adventure athletes and speaker panels with experts addressing various adventure topics.
“A partnership between Aspen and Outside Magazine was intuitive,” said Julia Theisen, vice president of sales and marketing at Aspen Chamber Resort Association. “With Aspen’s natural assets and Outside’s engaged and adventurous audience, we’re framing this weekend to attract athletes of all levels who are looking to hone skills, try something new, or both.”
Outside in Aspen lodging packages are available through Stay Aspen Snowmass, start at $99 a person (based on double occupancy) and include the following:
- Accommodations at participating Aspen properties, including the Limelight Lodge, Aspen Square Condominium Hotel, Hearthstone House, The Gant, The Sky Hotel, Hotel Jerome and The Little Nell.
- Ticket to Outside in Aspen kick-off party at Dancing Bear Aspen.
- Tickets to evening speaker panels presented by Outside Magazine.
- Access to gear testing “Base Camp”
- Access to the Après-Adventure Party on Saturday, June 12
For additional information, or to book the Outside in Aspen package, visit www.aspenchamber.org, or call 866.572.0738. The Outside in Aspen package must be booked through Stay Aspen Snowmass, is subject to availability, based on double occupancy, and does not include taxes or fees.
Adventure activities will be offered a-la-carte and may be reserved in advance through Stay Aspen Snowmass or during the Outside in Aspen weekend at the Adventure Kiosk. Adventure activities offered include the following
- Rock climbing with Aspen Expeditions
- Road biking with Aspen Velo and Sun Dog Athletics
- Mountain biking with Blazing Adventures and Timberline Bike Tours
- Fly fishing with Taylor Creek Fly Shop and Aspen Outfitting Company
- Kayaking with Aspen Kayak Academy
- River surfing with Aspen Kayak Academy
- River rafting with Blazing Adventures and Aspen Whitewater Rafting
Not just a ski resort, Aspen’s plethora of warm-weather pursuits pique nearly every passion, from extreme outdoor adventure to Colorado’s best fly fishing, indulgent spa offerings to world-class golf. Whether it’s getting wet on the rapids of the Roaring Fork River (which runs directly through Aspen’s downtown core), scaling the rock walls up Independence Pass, or biking on picturesque trails, there is an activity for everyone to savor Aspen’s stunning mountain scenery and taste “the good life.”
Add a comment